Monday, December 03, 2012

Road Trip to Kelantan

The moment that I thought for days had finally arrived. That's the moment I gonna leave my hometown for another stage of life. Not to count what I had scarified  I am still reluctant to leave my lovely home, yet the decision had made. LIFE GOES ON.

Before I started my journey, some people had told me that the road to the EAST is quite tricky and steep. But now I would like to clarify that although it is not a road like North-South highway, the condition of the road to East is acceptable.



My journey is Ipoh-Kuala Kangsar-Gerik-Jeli-Tanah Merah. The picture above shows the journey from Kuala Kangsar to Gerik.




We stopped at Gerik Town for lunch. Please make sure you pump full petrol to your car if you wish to continue your journey to Kelantan. This is because there will be no petrol station after Gerik town for around 100+ km/ 1.5++ hours (depending on your speed). The nearest petrol station from Gerik will be in Jeli, Kelantan. BUt don't worry about rest house, there will still be some rest house along the journey in case you wish to rest or go for washrooms.





Actually after Gerik will be hill road. So beware. The scenery after Gerik. You will feel like you have entered into jungle or kampung area. Indeed, yes you are. Look for the "beware of Elephants" sign board. There will be  elephants appearing and crossing the left and right of the jungle of the roads. 





Ready to pass by Tasik Temenggung. The scenery here is quite beautiful. However, it was a raining day and I can't capture photos from my window.

The only best picture without any water mark on my window. Tasik Temenggung.



Journey after Tasik Temenggung. I have kind of feeling that I was going to Cameron Highlands.


Breathtaking scenery at top of Banjaran Titiwangsa.

From my rough calculation, the journey from Ipoh to Tanah Merah, Kelantan is actually consuming around 5+ hours excluding the rest time at Gerik. As I said, it still depending on your speed. We drove slowly along the journey as our car is small. 


First dinner at Kelantan which denotes my new life here??? 

♥ Fly awAy with Me ♥

1 comment:

KinHwa said...

Good luck to you!