Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Please Respect Them

I was waiting for the lift. Another girl and a man was standing in front of the lift.
As the lift opened, I saw two dustbins and cleaners in the lift. I hesitated for two seconds, I saw the girl in front of me stepped back and walked away. I can't see the man but I can feel that the girl is disgusted of this. Without second thoughts, I stepped into the lift.

You can call me foolish, for willing to stay inside a lift with two dustbins, not to mention about the two cleaners as well. But I can say what I did is correct. The two cleaners are not born to work as cleaners, they are also human being. If you choose to step away, you have shown yourself discrimination. Who makes you think that you should have the right to escape from the smelly and disgusting dustbin? Who makes you think that the cleaners should bear the smell? Just because they are cleaners and you are not?

I bring this issue not because that I want to show everyone how kind hearted and thoughtful I am. Instead, I want to highlight that NONE OF US SHOULD HAVE ANY OCCUPATIONAL DISCRIMINATION. If it was a handsome guy/girl inside the lift, I bet everyone will squeeze into the lift.

THANK you the cleaners for cleaning our streets and rubbish. Thanks those who dare to do things that 99% people or undergraduates or secondary school graduates WILL NEVER WANT AND WILLING TO DO.

Pay the people who work in the lowest hierarchic of occupation a respect. Of course not only by entering into a lift with them is enough to show any respect, but the respect should truly come from your heart. THEY DESERVE that.
♥ Fly awAy with Me ♥

No comments: