Thursday, November 01, 2012

Vegetarian Spaghetti + ham roll

Decided to become the chef of the lunch out of a sudden. After a few hours of thinking, I decided to go for spaghetti, which I haven't consume it quite a long time.

 Basically, this is what you need for spaghetti cooking. 


Ingredients : 
Spaghetti (quantity based on your consumption)
mushroom ( you can put the amount you like, as for me, I put in half can for 3 servings)
spaghetti sauce ( I prefer PREGO spaghetti traditional sauce, I like the sourness of the sauce very much XD)
1 Onion
1 green bell pepper
Ham

 The "Agnesi" brand spaghetti is a brand that I tried first time. I bought it because .... *wink* ( it is with extra 33% of spaghetti compared the other brand with same price. Huh...I know I am quite aunty  abit.)


Started my preparation work by cutting the onion which had caused tears ran out of my eyes for few minutes. 

Vege Spaghetti Cooking Steps:
1. Boil a huge amount of water and add in a small amount of salt. Add in spaghetti to the boiled water and let them cooked for around 10 minutes.
2. Cut the onion and green pepper into cubes. Slice the mushroom as well.
3. Heat the saucepan with some olive oil. Fried the onion, green peppers and also mushroom for several minutes. You can smell the aroma of the vege now. :))
4. Add in PREGO spaghetti sauce. ( You gotta adjust the amount accordingly. As for my 3 servings, I put in at least half jar of the sauce.) (mine is the biggest size of the PREGO jar)
5. Flavour the sauce with salt/oregano and mix it with the vege. You can add in some cheese or milk into the sauce depends on your flavour. 
6. Drain the cooked spaghetti and mix the spaghetti with the sauce before serving. 


See, the spaghetti cooking is as easy as abc right? And it takes less time in preparation and cooking compare to other food and it suits lazy fello like me.  (Instant mee is not count in)

At the same time, I had prepared an appetizer for my lunch. The dish is somehow inspired by some other famous dish. Somehow I only can prepare the appetizer with the ingredients available. I named them -- > ham roll. (ok, i know the name is sucks LOL) 


Like the above idea?

It is just a simple and nice dish.
Ingredients:
2 pieces of ham (cut into 3 slices each)
2 french beans
carrot (slices into rectangular sizes )
6 slices mushrooms
mayonnaise
tomato sauce


Steps :
1. Divide the frenc beans into 3 pieces each.
2. Grill.fry the ham. Serve the hams on plate to let them cold. Then fry the french beans, carrots, and slice mushrooms for about 3 minutes. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
3. Lay some mayonnaise on the ham. Put a french bean, carrots and a sliced mushroom at the end of the ham. Then roll it up. Use toothpick to stable the roll.
4. Repeat step no.3  with the remaining. Served.






♥ Fly awAy with Me ♥

No comments: