Sunday, October 28, 2012

Homemade Chee Cheong Fun

I should have blogged about this days ago. ANyway, I just picked up my mood to update my blog. Sorry for the late update.

Holiday at home made me feel so enjoyable and thus, I had try so cooking-baking time at home.

One day I was craving with chee cheong fun and I found the recipe online. I discover that the steps are easy, erm...at least not as hard as i thought. So I decide to give it a try.

It makes me run quite a numbers of store/supermarket in order to get myself wheat starch/wheat flour.

Here comes the recipe : (from Jessie-CookingMoments)



160g Rice Flour 粘米粉
10g Corn Flour 粟粉
10g Wheat Starch/Flour) 澄面
660ml Water
10ml Oil
Pinch of Salt
40g Dried Shrimp, washed & pan-fried
Few Stalks of Spring Onions, chopped
1 tsp White Sesame Seeds, toasted.

However, I modified some. As I told you, I can't find the wheat starch. So I skipped the wheat starh, and add the amount of shrimp freestyle, and I replace long bean instead of spring onions.


Method:
1. Place flour, salt & water in a bowl & mix until a smooth batter is formed.  Add oil & stir to combine.  Cover the bowl with cling wrap & rest for at least 30 minutes. ( I have totally forgot this step when I was facinating in my own cooking world, wtf @@)
2. Bring the water in the wok/steamer to boil at high heat.
3. Cut the dry shrimps into pieces. Cut the long bean into cube size. Fried the dry shrimps and long bean for a few minutes.
4. Oil a baking dish.  Stir the batter before pouring into the oiled dish to form a thin layer on the base of the dish, about 2mm-3mm.  . Sprinkle with some dried shrimps and long beans.
TIP: Do not use too much of dried shrimp as it will make the rolling & cutting jobs harder. (great, I have forgotten this notice too. )
4. Steam the batter at medium-high heat for 6 minutes.
5. Oil the dough scrapper.  Scrape up 1 side of the Chee Cheong Fun, use hand to roll up the CCF.  Place on a clean, flat plate.  Repeat until the rest of the batter is all used.





Here's come the outcome of my chee cheong fun. I know I know, they don''t look temting and not looking good either. But this is my first time making chee cheong fun leh. :P

I didn't cook any dipping sauce. What I did was just add in some soysauce and sesame oil, which the combination of these is a great yummy sauce to me.

♥ Fly awAy with Me ♥